Wi-Fi Home Router Before Italian ISP Fastweb added Wi-Fi in 2001 and turned cable modems into wireless Internet gateways, building networks was too complicated and expensive for most consumers.
What does WIG stand for?
WIG stands for Wireless Internet Gateway (microbrowser based GSM technology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WIG
We have 36 other meanings of WIG in our Acronym Attic
- Western Interprovincial Football Union (Canada)
- Women in Film & Video (since 1979; Washington, DC)
- Women in Film and Video Vancouver (British Columbia, Canada)
- What's in It for You?
- Warszawski Indeks Gieldowy (Poland)
- Western Independent Greenhouses (est. 1984; Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada)
- What Is Goth?
- Whitehall & Industry Group (UK)
- Wildly Important Goal
- Wing In-Ground (effect)
- Within Grade (salary)
- Without Information Given
- Wolfram-Inertgasschweißen (tungsten-inert gas welding)
- Women’s International Group (various locations)
- Workforce Involvement Group (UK)
- Wrasawzki Indeks Giedowy (Warsaw Stock Exchange Index, Poland)
- Walking Impaired Golfers of America
- Washington Indian Gaming Association
- Washington Insurance Guaranty Association
- When I Get A Chance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tokyo, Japan, June 26, 2007 - (JCN) - Maverick Systems has developed the world's first portable wireless Internet gateway.
To handle the variety of ways in which messages are created, SMS products can interface with other systems such as voice mail, wireless Internet gateways, instant messaging servers, chat servers, information servers and fax storage devices.
Built around SmartTrust's Wireless Internet Gateway (WIG) technology, and using pre-built applications, including 'ready-to-launch' news, weather, information and commercial services, operators will be able to immediately leverage service revenues by reducing delivery time to just six weeks.