3Com is getting ahead of the curve by uniquely combining its new PoE-enabled wireless access point along with its PoE web-configurable switch and small business Internet Protocol telephony system into a solution set that is specifically tailored and priced for the SMB market," said Aaron Vance, Senior Analyst with Synergy Research Group.
What does WAP stand for?
WAP stands for Wireless Access Point
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WAP
We have 159 other meanings of WAP in our Acronym Attic
- Web Application Projects (Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 add-in)
- Web Application Proxy (software; Microsoft)
- Weighted Average Price
- What A Plonker
- Whey Acidic Protein
- Wide Area Paging
- Wild Animal Park
- Wildlife Action Plan (various locations)
- Windows Academic Program (Microsoft)
- Wired Access Point (Metrocom)
- Wireless Access Protocol
- Wireless Application Protocol
- Wissenschaftliche ArbeitsPlatzrechner
- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (Phoenix album)
- Work Assignment Procedure
- Work-Around Procedures
- Workers' Assistance Programme
- Workforce Action Plan (various locations)
- Working Age Population (category)
- World Accredited Practitioner (World Certification Institute)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The "g" standard is the newest and the most versatile; it's compatible with both "a" and "b" (see For our example, we will use equipment designed for the "g" standard, a Linksys Wireless Access Point Router, which costs about $70, and two Ethernet cables, costing about $5 each.
It's a router, firewall, four port switch, a wireless access point and has the ability to be either an FTP, e-mail, or Web server.