lt;p>Even in a wireless mesh network, you need a wired access point to reach the Internet.
What does WAP stand for?
WAP stands for Wired Access Point (Metrocom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WAP
We have 159 other meanings of WAP in our Acronym Attic
- Web Affiliate Program
- Web Application Projects (Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 add-in)
- Web Application Proxy (software; Microsoft)
- Weighted Average Price
- What A Plonker
- Whey Acidic Protein
- Wide Area Paging
- Wild Animal Park
- Wildlife Action Plan (various locations)
- Windows Academic Program (Microsoft)
- Wireless Access Point
- Wireless Access Protocol
- Wireless Application Protocol
- Wissenschaftliche ArbeitsPlatzrechner
- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (Phoenix album)
- Work Assignment Procedure
- Work-Around Procedures
- Workers' Assistance Programme
- Workforce Action Plan (various locations)
- Working Age Population (category)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The solution allows the creation of a wireless backhaul mesh among wired access points and wireless routers.
The units feature automatic roaming, which allows the mobile computing users to move seamlessly from one wired access point to another without losing their network connection.