But underneath is a traditional Windows-Intel desktop, which is backward compatible with both the good code and the bad.
What does WINTEL stand for?
WINTEL stands for Windows-Intel
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Windows Internet Name Service - Reverse
- Windows Standard Automated Logistics Tool Set (U.S. Navy)
- Wind Indicating Systems for Navigation Aircraft in Missile Support
- Windows Sockets
- Wisconsin Information Network for Successful Schools
- State Transition Analysis Technique for Windows-Based Systems
- International Conference on Wireless Information Networks and Systems
- Windows Based The Army Authorization Documentation System
- International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization (ACM conference)
- Upper Winds and Upper Air Temperatures
- Women in Non-Traditional Employment Roles
- Windows Terminal (WYSE)
- Winter Exercise
- Windows-Based Thermal Modeling Tool (ThermoAnalytics, Inc.)
- Waste Industry National Training Organisation (waste management; UK)
- Wintoniensis (of Winchester)
- Wisconsin Network of Therapeutic Recreators
- Wireless Interoperability for Security
- Windows Vista
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Windows-Intel dominance that has ruled the end user computing market for the past 30 years is in rapid decline.
Businesses are projected to buy $69 billion worth of Windows-Intel PCs and tablets in 2012, and $68 billion in 2013, the report said.