But the add on, provisionally named Windows Future Storage (WinFS), will abstract physical file locations from data.
What does WinFS stand for?
WinFS stands for Windows Future Storage (Microsoft file system)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WinFS
- Journal of Wireless Networks (ACM)
- Winners Information Network (Harrah's)
- Wine Industry National Education Training Advisory Council (Australia)
- Winema National Forest (Oregon)
- Windward Islands Farmers Association
- Whidbey Island Navy Flying Club (Washington)
- Winter Fly-In (Antarctic Operations)
- World Interactive Network Focused On Critical UltraSound
- Wireless In-Building Network Forum
- Windows File System
- Web IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) Gateway
- What If No Gravity (student competition; US NASA)
- Williams Information Network Group (Columbia, MD)
- Wireless Internet Gateway
- Wireless Internet News Gathering
- Work Injured Nurses Group (UK)
- Workshop on Invariant Generation
- Windows - General Accounting Microcomputer Processing System
- Web Interactive Network of Government Services
- Willing Inmates of Nevada Gaining Sobriety
Samples in periodicals archive:
The OS will also include a file system called Windows Future Storage which is capable of data retrieval from widely varying individual sources including documents, email etc.
More significant changes relate to the Windows Future Storage (WinFS) file system.