Users can also increase the security and performance of their network with queries targeting the discovery of weaknesses and can assess and document Active Directive security and Windows File System security.
What does WinFS stand for?
WinFS stands for Windows File System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WinFS
- World Integrated Nuclear Evaluation System
- Journal of Wireless Networks (ACM)
- Winners Information Network (Harrah's)
- Wine Industry National Education Training Advisory Council (Australia)
- Winema National Forest (Oregon)
- Windward Islands Farmers Association
- Whidbey Island Navy Flying Club (Washington)
- Winter Fly-In (Antarctic Operations)
- World Interactive Network Focused On Critical UltraSound
- Wireless In-Building Network Forum
- Windows Future Storage (Microsoft file system)
- Web IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) Gateway
- What If No Gravity (student competition; US NASA)
- Williams Information Network Group (Columbia, MD)
- Wireless Internet Gateway
- Wireless Internet News Gathering
- Work Injured Nurses Group (UK)
- Workshop on Invariant Generation
- Windows - General Accounting Microcomputer Processing System
- Web Interactive Network of Government Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
The program will clean cache files, ensure that users don't have non-responding applications running in the background, inspect Windows file system, and even optimize Microsoft Office applications, MS Messenger, and Media Player.
O&O FormatRecovery V4 highlights: + Recovery of files and directories + Supports all Windows file systems (FAT, FAT32, NTFS and NTFS5) + Supports the following types of Windows storage media: Hard disks, removable media, Memory Cards, Digital cameras + One-of-a-kind: Fragmented files can also be rescued + Recovery of hidden or system data including file attributes + On-screen Assistant guides users through the whole recovery process + Specially developed search algorithm to recover entire data storage media + Includes O&O InstantFormatRecovery V4 for data recovery without prior software installation O&O FormatRecovery is compatible with Windows XP, 2003, 2000 and NT.
All disk imaging products support the Windows file systems -- File Allocation Table (FAT) 16, FAT 32, and NT File System (NTFS)--and some provided limited support for Linux file systems Ext2, Ext3 and Linux Swap, but today only Acronis supports ReiserFS, the default file system used by SuSE Linux.