It has also ceased technical support for Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows Me.
What does WIN98SE stand for?
WIN98SE stands for Windows 98 Second Edition (Microsoft)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Windows 3.11 Operating System (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Windows 3.0
- Microsoft Windows 3.11 (Windows for Workgroups)
- Windows 32-Bit Platform
- Win32 Subset
- Microsoft Windows Version 3.X
- Windows 64-Bit Edition (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Windows 95 Operating System
- Windows 95 Operating System (Version B) (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Windows 98 Operating System
- Windows Versions 95 or 98
- WAP Interim Naming Authority (mobile networks)
- Webb Institute of Naval Architecture (Glen Cove, New York)
- Whitetail Institute of North America
- Wireless Industrial Networking Alliance
- World Instant Noodles Association (est. 1997)
- Wireless Internet-Protocol Network Access Architecture (Malibu)
- Wikipedia Is Not A Dictionary
- Windows Audio MPEG Player
- Wetenschappelijk Instituut Nederlandse Apothekers (Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Microsoft said from 11 July 2006, it will no longer provide users with phone support for problems they may encounter when using Windows 98, which includes Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows Me (Millennium Edition).
It's 46 Percent Faster than Windows 98 Second Edition.
The two companies will work together to ensure easy and reliable connection of digital video devices such as camcorders to computers running on Microsoft's Windows 98 second edition or 2000 operating systems, it said.
Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000, and MacOS 8.
Microsoft Corp and Hewlett Packard Co have kept their promise to support Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) in Windows 98 Second Edition as well as Windows 2000 Professional and Server.