High prevalence of the very rare Wilson disease gene mutation Leu708Pro in the Island of Gran Canaria (Canary Islands, Spain): a genetic and clinical study.
What does WND stand for?
WND stands for Wilson Disease Gene (genetic medicine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WND
We have 11 other meanings of WND in our Acronym Attic
- Western North Carolina Tomorrow
- West Norfolk Community Transport Project (UK)
- Weissman Nowack Curry Wilco
- Western North Carolina Workers' Center
- Waving Not Drowning
- Wednesday Night Dinner (various organizations)
- West Nile Disease
- Why Not Design (Citrus Heights, CA)
- Will Not Disclose
- Windsor (Amtrak station code; Windsor, CT)
- World Net Daily
- Writers Never Die
- Wuxi New District (China)
- West Norfolk Deaf Association (UK)
- Wed Night Drinking Club (Singapore)
- West Northamptonshire Development Corporation (UK)
- Woonsocket Neighborhood Development Corporation (Woonsocket, RI)
- Western Nevada Development District
Samples in periodicals archive:
Spectrum of mutations in the Wilson disease gene (ATP7B) in the Bulgarian population.
The Wilson disease gene is a putative copper transporting P-type ATPase similar to the Menkes gene.
At least 25 different mutations in the Wilson disease gene have been described, including small insertions, deletions, missense, nonsense, and splice-site mutations .