The reserve, which includes Nanda Devi National Park and Valley of Flowers National Park, took technical support from Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun, to install 15 camera traps in different parts.
What does WII stand for?
WII stands for Wildlife Institute of India (Uttarakhand, India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WII
We have 24 other meanings of WII in our Acronym Attic
- West Iredell High School (Statesville, NC)
- West Islip High School (New York)
- Women in His Service (women's Christian group)
- Women's Interagency HIV Study
- Windows Installation Helper Utility (Microsoft)
- Womens Ice Hockey Victoria (Victoria, Australia)
- [not an acronym] Official Name of Nintendo's Console Previously Code-Named Revolution)
- Washington Internship Institute
- Wieso Immer Ich
- Wildlife Institute of India
- Women in Insurance (various locations)
- World Internet Institute (Sweden)
- Worldwide Information Infrastructure
- Wounded, Ill, and Injured
- Work Incentives Improvement Act
- Winrock International Institute for Agricultural Development
- World Income Inequality Database
- Women Interested in Engineering (University of Nebraska-Lincoln event)
- West Indies International Furniture (British West Indies)
- World Islamic Infrastructure Finance Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is a dispute over the tiger population of 25 (14 in Tiger Reserve (PTR) and 11 in NNPTR in 2006, as against 61 shown in a census done by the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) in 2001-02.
In 1976, starting as a small office within the Division of Endangered Species, the international program played a lead role in creating the Wildlife Institute of India, which supports research and capacity building overseas.
Madhya Pradesh Forest Minister Rajendra Shukla said no tigers were found at the Panna Tiger Reserve during a Wildlife Institute of India survey conducted in May.