Rock and jazz veteran Georgie Fame will be playing alongside the Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra at the free concert in the Old Market Place.
What does WYJO stand for?
WYJO stands for Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WYJO
We have 1 other meaning of WYJO in our Acronym Attic
- Webster-Yang Index
- World Youth International (Australia)
- Waterford Youth Information Centre (Ireland)
- Without You I'm Nothing (Placebo album)
- Wyoming Investment in Nursing (est. 2003)
- World Youth Investment Organization
- West Yorkshire Investment Planning (UK)
- Wake You In The Best Way (Heinlein: to Sail Beyond the Sunset)
- Whitney Young Jr. Library (Chicago, IL)
- Warwickshire Youth Jazz Orchestra (UK)
- Wiltshire Youth Jazz Orchestra (UK)
- Worcestershire Youth Jazz Orchestra (UK)
- West Yorkshire Joint Services (UK)
- What You Know Is What You Love
- World Yoshukai Karate Kobudo Organization
- Waste Your Life
- Watch Your Language
- WebYourLife! (web design company; Germany)
- Weston Youth Lacrosse (Massachusetts)
- Why You Little...
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the swinging will really get going at 7pm when Georgie Fame and the Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra take the stage - and get people dancing in the streets CAPTION(S): ON SONG: Georgie Fame
The Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra is at the Royal Clifton Hotel where local sax stars Mike Hall and Mike Hope will also combine to play music associated with Dexter Gordon and Stan Getz; the excellent guitarist Gary Potter will be with his trio at The Victoria; the Sarah Bennett Quartet are at the Wayfarers Arcade; pianist Simon Brown is at New China City; and the Cushion Foot Jazz Quartet is at Flava.
The Wednesday Celebrity Concert featuring Eric Delaney with the Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra was the first of the festival's sellouts and resulted in some exciting big band sounds.
Last day of the festival on Saturday featured the world premiere of Richard Isle's Cultureshock - The Spirit of Friendship Suite by the combined Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra and two student bands from South Africa, the Stirling High School Jazz Band and the Gauteng Music Academy Jazz Ensemble.
On Friday, the Andy Prior Orchestra plays, and on the Saturday, the Wigan Youth Jazz orchestra closes the festival.
The twosome, along with supporting musicians pianist Vinny Parker and two stalwarts of the Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra, bassist Pete Turner and drummer Guy Walsh, will be appearing at the Scarisbrick Hotel, Southport, at 8pm on Sunday, April 28.
Singer and trombonist Andy Prior, also the son of a bandleader, came to prominence through the ranks of the Wigan Youth Jazz Orchestra where he played in the trombone section and sang Frank Sinatra style songs.