When I first saw that this thing might have a radius twice that of Jupiter, I was really astounded," said David Anderson of Keele University, a member of the UK-based Wide Area Search for Planets (WASP) consortium.
What does WASP stand for?
WASP stands for Wide Area Search for Planets (UK universities project)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WASP
We have 87 other meanings of WASP in our Acronym Attic
- Welcome, Acquiring Information, Supplying Information, Parting (interview structure)
- West African Stabilization Program
- Western Academic and Specialist Press (UK)
- What A Strange Person
- Whistler Adaptive Sports Program (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- White Anglo Saxon Pagan :-)
- White Anglo-Saxon Protestant
- White Ashkenazi Sabra Paratrooper (Israel)
- Wide Angle Stinger Pointer
- Wide Area Saturation Projectile (gaming, Red Faction Ii Weapon)
- Wide Area Situation Picture
- Wide-Area Special Projectile (USAF)
- Wide-Body Airborne Sensor Platform
- Wideband Acoustic Signal Processing
- Wideband Analog Signal Processor
- Wideband Autocorellating Spectrometer
- Wien Automatic System Planning Package
- Wildfire Airborne Sensor Program
- Williams Aerial Systems Platform
- Winchester After School Program (Winchester, Ma)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is a member of the Wide Area Search for Planets (WASP) team, who include astronomers from Keele University, Staffordshire, and Queen's University, Belfast.