Taking advantage of such technology is key to successful storage application performance, especially when bridging the wide area network.
What does WAN stand for?
WAN stands for Wide Area Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WAN
We have 61 other meanings of WAN in our Acronym Attic
- Wavelet Analysis and Multirate Systems (conference)
- Weight-Average Molecular Weight
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth
- World Assembly of Muslim Youth International Inc.
- West African Monetary Zone
- West African Monitory Zone
- Wanted Technologies Corporation (stock symbol)
- Weekly Activity Notification (New York)
- West Africa Nigeria (international vehicle ID)
- Westwide Avalanche Network (various locations)
- Wireless Area Network
- Wisconsin Angel Network
- World Airshow News (trade magazine)
- World Animal Net (Boston, MA)
- World Artist Network (Fairfield, CT)
- World Association of Newspapers (formerly Fédération Internationale des Editeurs de Journaux)
- Wide Area Network Physical Layer
- Washington Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Welsh Anti-Nuclear Alliance
- West Asia and North Africa
Samples in periodicals archive:
so to speak, are the local and wide area networks moving private data about patients between workstations and servers within the organization.