Cheney hails from the high tech industry, earning her marketing stripes in Silicon Valley for nearly a decade where she helped launch successful emerging technology companies like Alexa Internet, purchased by Amazon for $200 million, and Wide Area Information Servers (WAIS) Inc.
What does WAIS stand for?
WAIS stands for Wide Area Information Server
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of WAIS
We have 44 other meanings of WAIS in our Acronym Attic
- Western Army Infantry Regiment (Japan)
- Wing-Assisted Incline Running (ornithology)
- Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission
- Washington Alliance for Immigrant and Refugee Justice (Seattle, WA)
- Warfighter Area Information Service
- Wassenaar Arrangement Information System
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale
- West Antarctic Ice Sheet Project
- West Australian Institute of Sport
- Wide Area Information Search
- Wide Area Information Service
- World Association of International Studies
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised by China
- Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Association
- Western Australian Ice Skating Association (Australia)
- When All Is Said and Done
- Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- World Alternative Investment Summit Canada
- Washington Association of Internet Service Providers
Samples in periodicals archive:
You can download files using FTP (file transfer protocol) and find information on Gopher and Wide Area Information Server (WAIS) databases, as well as participate in news groups and chat sessions.
The Wide Area Information Server (WAIS) and the Semantic File System provide two approaches to indexing.
Though navigation aids like Gopher, Wide Area Information Servers, World Wide Web, and Archie offer some traveling guidance and searching tools, knowing what resources are available on the Internet and how to locate them remain formidable tasks.