Flight deck upgrades include glass cockpits with synthetic vision, flight management systems, lateral navigation/vertical navigation, wide area augmentation systems, and data loaders.
What does WAAS stand for?
WAAS stands for Wide Area Augmentation System (GPS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WAAS
We have 17 other meanings of WAAS in our Acronym Attic
- Warrensburg Area Amateur Radio Club Inc. (Missouri)
- Wide Area Amateur Radio Network (Minnesota)
- Washington Army National Guard
- Wartime Aircraft Activity Reporting System (USAF AMC)
- Weirton Area Ambulance and Rescue Squad (Weirton, WV)
- West Alabama Amateur Radio Society
- Washington Alternate Assessment System (student performance)
- Website as a Service (various companies)
- Whelen All American Series (National Association for Stock Car Racing)
- WHS (Washington Headquarters Services) Allotment Accounting System
- Wide-Area Airborne Surveillance System (US Air Force)
- Wide-Area Application Services (Cisco)
- World Academy of Art and Science (est. 1960)
- World Aircraft Accident Summary (database)
- Wide Area Application Services for Account Managers (Cisco certification)
- Western Association of Advanced Systems Integrators
- Western Australian Audit of Surgical Mortality (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons; University of Western Australia; Crawley, Western Australia, Australia)
- Wales Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme (UK)
- Working for an Asian American Studies Program (University of Maryland; College Park, MD)
- West Australian Anthropology and Sociology Students Association (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The STCs cover a number of major operational areas, including the Class "A" Terrain Awareness and Warning Systems (TAWS) system, and the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS)/Localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) navigational aid.
Apr 23, 2010 Cessna is offering wide area augmentation system upgrades for Citation CJ1+, CJ2+, CJ3 and Encore+ business jets as well as certain Citation Excel and XLS models.
AGATE uses GPS satellites, Local Area Augmentation Systems (LAAS) and Wide Area Augmentation Systems (WAAS) to track each aircraft at all times.
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2010 M2 COMMUNICATIONS Horizon Air, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK), announced on Friday that it became the first scheduled service passenger airline to operate a flight using Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) technology on 30 December 2009.
An unnamed US defence contractor is to deploy PCTEL's high precision Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) ground station GPS antennas for the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Airports Authority of India.