PCTEL's SDK offers support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2 security standards based on the next generation of Wi-Fi security recently ratified under the IEEE 802.
What does WPA stand for?
WPA stands for Wi-Fi Protected Access (802.11)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WPA
We have 184 other meanings of WPA in our Acronym Attic
- Weddings Parties Anything
- Welsh Principal Area
- West Papua Association (Australia)
- Western Planning Area
- Western Provident Association (UK health insurer)
- Western Psychological Association
- Western Pyrotechnic Association
- Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989
- White Paper Account (UK)
- Whole Product Approach
- Wi-Fi Protected Area
- Wiener process acceleration
- William Preston & Associates
- Win Probability Added (technical baseball statistic)
- Windows Product Activation (Microsoft)
- Winnipeg Partnership Agreement (Winnipeg, MB, Canada)
- Wireless Protected Access
- With Particular Average
- Wizards Per Acre (Utopia game)
- Women Pay All (Olathe Northwest High School dance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new access client supports the Wi-Fi Protected Access encryption protocol when used in conjunction with Windows XP/2000/98/Me.
Intersil Corporation (Nasdaq:ISIL) has announced its support for the Wi-Fi Alliance's new standards-based solution for enhanced security called Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).