Byline: By Denise Robertson The in-house marketing team at Defra, the agricultural ministry, produced a splendid glossy pamphlet to promote its Whole Farm Approach.
What does WFA stand for?
WFA stands for Whole Farm Approach (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WFA
We have 74 other meanings of WFA in our Acronym Attic
- Weighted Finite Automata (computer science)
- Wells Fargo Advisor (financial services)
- Wells Fargo Arena (various locations)
- Western Fairs Association
- Western Falconry Association
- Western Front Association
- Western Fuel Altereds (race car promotions)
- White Female Adult
- White Fish Authority (British)
- White Fused Alumina (raw materials)
- Wholesome Food Association
- Wi-Fi Alliance
- Wide-Frequency Antenna
- Wilderness First Aid
- Wilmington First Assembly (Wilmington, DE)
- Wisconsin Farm Auction (Brooklyn, WI)
- WiSo Führungskräfte Akademie (Germany)
- Without Further Ado
- Women's Football Alliance (est. 2009)
- Woodie Flowers Award (FIRST robotics mentor award)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is achieved through a whole farm approach which involves combining crop rotation with the targeted use of crop protection chemicals and fertilisers, cultivation choice, variety selection and improved energy efficiency, together with a positive management plan for landscape and wildlife features.
And of course, the Whole Farm Approach will be a key tool to achieve further cuts in the time spent by an average farmer filling in forms, reading guidance and applying for schemes.
Last September, a series of programme review events began to demonstrate the whole farm approach (WFA) website and invite farmers to try out the new system and offer suggestions on improving it.
He said the Whole Farm Approach could save the farming industry up to pounds 28m a year, depending on uptake, by cutting red tape and delivering a quicker, simpler and more efficient way of doing business.
The scheme is a whole farm approach so that all the land entered on the new SP5 form must be included on the scheme application.
The Defra-sponsored Whole Farm Approach - A view to the Future walk included boundary restoration and maintenance, which was looked at in detail and Clare Heaps from Durham County Council, gave an update on the Durham Field Boundary Restoration Grant and hedge planting and maintenance.