The event was organised by the university in conjunction with the Coventry Domestic Violence and Abuse Partnership to mark White Ribbon Day on Sunday - a global campaign to raise awareness of abuse against women.
What does WRD stand for?
WRD stands for White Ribbon Day (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WRD
We have 47 other meanings of WRD in our Acronym Attic
- White Ribbon Campaign of Vermont (anti-abuse organization)
- W. D. Ward Bus Service
- Warranty Reserve Determination
- Water Replenishment District (California)
- Water Rescue Dog (competition title; Newfoundland Club of America)
- Water Resource Database (various organizations)
- Water Resource Division
- Water Resources Department (various locations)
- WaterCooled Racing Development (California)
- Weapons Release Distance
- White River Dental (Batesville, AR)
- Wildlife Resource Document (Texas)
- Wireless Reading Device
- World Rabies Day
- World Run Day (Long Beach, NY)
- Weapon Research, Development, And Testing
- Water Reducing Admixture (concrete)
- Water Resources Development Act
- Water Resources Development Authority (Ethiopia)
- Welsh Racing Drivers Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
White Ribbon Day takes place on November 25, International Day for the Eradication of Violence Against Women.
In a statement, Coun McEvoy said: "I sincerely regret posting tweets on International Day Against Violence Against Women, also known as White Ribbon Day.
Byline: DENISE ROBERTSON LAST week I attended White Ribbon Day, part of the global campaign to reduce violence against women.
To support White Ribbon day tomorrow, Women's Aid staff worked with pupils from Ysgol Bodnant, Penmorfa, Rhyl High and Ysgol Glan Clwyd, and created a paper chain relating to domestic abuse.
Byline: Tony Barton TUESDAY, November 25 was White Ribbon Day, when all men were urged to display a white ribbon to show their non-tolerance of domestic violence towards woman.
The STUC are running a campaign against trafficking and a day of next week's congress in Inverness - White Ribbon Day - will be devoted to the issue.
She spoke out to back White Ribbon Day, the international day against violence towards women.