Organised by the White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood, Save the Children and International Confederation of Midwives, the petition was delivered to world leaders just before they were due to meet at the UN General Assembly in September.
What does WRASM stand for?
WRASM stands for White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood (Malawi)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Wild Register Address Setup Register (computer programming)
- Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors (North Carolina)
- Worcester Regional Association of Realtors (Auburn, MA)
- Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (UK)
- Watershed Restoration Action Strategy
- Western Region Academy of Sport (Australia)
- Western Riders Association of Sweden
- Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service (UK)
- Wildlife Resource Assessment Section (Maine)
- Ware Residents Againts Stansted Expansion (Hoddesdon, United Kingdom)
- Watershed Research, Assessment, and Stewardship Project
- WoRkshop on Automating Service Quality (Atlanta, GA)
- Western Region Aviation School
- Wide Range Achievement Test
- Wide Range Amplifier Technology
- Wing Rapid Automation Team
- Writing, Reading and Technology
- Wide Range Achievement Test-Revised
- Wide Range Achievement Test 3
- Western Residents Against Toxic Dump
Samples in periodicals archive:
When world leaders gathered last month at the United Nations Headquarters in New York to address the crisis of too little progress to achieve the Millennium Development Goals by 2015, Sarah Brown, wife of UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown and White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood leaders from eight nations -- Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, India, Indonesia, Malawi, Nepal, Tanzania and Yemen -- were there.
White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood (WRA)--the WRA is working hard to strategically address this issue and is advocating through their 'Promises to Mothers Lost' campaign to reduce maternal mortality.
The White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood unites individuals, organisations and communities--NGOs, UN agencies, professional associations, students, health service providers, midwives, and others--who are working to increase public awareness about the needless loss of life as a result pregnancy and childbirth related deaths and to promote safe motherhood around the world.