Police, fire crews and bomb disposal experts were at the scene while the white phosphorus grenades were disposed of.
What does WPG stand for?
WPG stands for White Phosphorus Grenade
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WPG
We have 51 other meanings of WPG in our Acronym Attic
- Women Playing for T.I.M.E.
- Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (Microsoft)
- Wrong Variable Used in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- World Population Film/Video Festival
- Die Wirtschaftsprüfung (German auditing journal)
- Watts per Gallon (aquarium lighting)
- Web Photo Gallery (Adobe Photoshop)
- WebSphere Partner Gateway (IBM)
- Weight Per Gallon
- West Point Grey (Canada)
- Wind Power Generation (energy)
- Winnipeg (City, Canada)
- Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
- Women's Policy Group
- WordPerfect Graphics (File Name Extension)
- Working Party Guidelines (various locations)
- Workscope Planning Guide
- Workstation Product Group (Intel)
- World Peace Group (distributor; Taiwan)
- West Point Grey Academy (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acting alone, he advanced on the nearest pillbox and hurled demolition and white phosphorus grenades at the bunker, killing two enemy soldiers and driving five more out into the trench system.
White phosphorus grenades were withdrawn from use in the British Army in 1997, although old duffers like me still refer - incorrectly - to their replacements with the old term, WP.