Byline: ELAINE KEOGH By ELAINE KEOGH THERE'LL be Whiskey In The Jar when a new distillery opens at Slane Castle.
What does WITJ stand for?
WITJ stands for Whiskey in the Jar
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Women in Technological History
- Wireless Technology Health Risks (research program; EU)
- What in the Hell Is It
- Women in the Home Industries Today
- Weather Impacted Traffic Index (National Airspace System)
- Welcome Incentive Travel International (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Women In Technology International
- Women in the Information Age (Harvard University)
- Women in Tourism International Alliance
- Weather Integration with Tactical Intelligence System
- Waterford Institute of Technology Kayaking Club
- Warfighter-In-The-Loop (airborne minefield detection system)
- Whispers in the Loggia (religious website)
- Wireless-in-the-Loop (access network)
- Women in the Life Association
- Web Interface to Mathematica
- Writing in the Margins
- Why Is This News? (chat slang)
- Wilmington Information Television Network (Delaware)
- Work Incentives Transition Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Tony Woolway IT'S been 39 years since Thin Lizzy first entered the charts with their version of Whiskey In The Jar and while super rock stardom was still going to prove some way off, the seeds were sown for a band that's been a major inspiration for many of those that followed.
The band - who have collaborated with the Pogues, among others, to win a new generation of fans - are famed for tracks such as Whiskey In The Jar.
Rex's Jeepster, Sweet's Blockbuster and Thin Lizzy's Whiskey In The Jar.
Thin Lizzy hit the charts in the 1970s with hits such as The Boys Are Back In Town, Whiskey in the Jar and Dancing in the Moonlight, but split in 1984.
Their first single The Farmer was a hit in Ireland only but after Whiskey in the Jar their star began to rise.
Music was provided by Shelley College Music Big Band and country and western outfit Whiskey in the Jar.
50 will give you a ticket to hear versions of Whiskey In The Jar, Waiting For An Alibi and Bad Reputation.