North Bay's proximity to all the major mining camps in northeastern Ontario and western Quebec made it the perfect location.
What does J stand for?
J stands for Western Quebec (postal code designation, Canada)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of J
- Joint (slang for marijuana)
- Joule (unit of energy)
- Julia (song)
- Out of City (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Postage Due (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Jammu and Kashmir (A disputed State occupied by the Indian Army)
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Jacksonville, North Carolina (Marine Corps Liberty Town)
- Judge Advocate
- Junked and Abandoned (oil production)
- Justification & Analysis
- Justification & Approval
- Justification & Authorization
- Justification and Allowance
- Justerini & Brooks Limited (Scotch whiskey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also served parishes in western Quebec and eastern Ontario.
Champagne was provincial superior of the Oblates' French language province of Western Quebec and Ontario.
Pikogan is located north of the town of Amos in western Quebec (look straight north of Lake Ontario on a map of the great Lakes area).
In the 1830s, this pattern was already threatened by the over-population of the seigneuries, which forced the French Canadian settlers, who combined agriculture and seasonal work in the forest with other activities, to move east, north and, particularly westward through the Eastern Townships where they had a majority before 1890, and then toward eastern Ontario, western Quebec and northern Ontario.