The Western Pacific Fishery Management Council has closed the waters around the main Hawaiian Islands to longline fishing and has imposed a moratorium on new entry into the Hawaii-based longline fishery from 1991 through 1994 (Amendments 2, 4, and 5 to the Fishery Management Plan for the Pelagic Fisheries of the Western Pacific Region, Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council, Honolulu, Hawaii 1986, as amended in 1991.
What does WPFMC stand for?
WPFMC stands for Western Pacific Fishery Management Council (Honolulu, HI)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Wright Patt Financial Group (Fairborn, OH)
- World Police and Fire Games Federation
- World Poker Fund Holdings, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
- Western Pennsylvania Field Institute
- Women's Professional Football League
- Wrong Value Used in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- Miss-By-One Value Used in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- Workspace Prediction and Fast Matching System (computing; machine vision)
- Wright Peak Flow Meter
- Western Prairie Fringed Orchid
- Work Performed for Others
- Wrong Parameter Order in Function Call (software fault)
- Welfare Pension Fund Plan (Japan)
- Wigner-Poisson-Fokker-Planck (quantum evolution equation)
- Working Poor Families Project (est. 2002)
- Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act (Public Law 83-566)
- Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Program (Natural Resources Conservation Service; USDA)
- Warranty Period Failure Rate (reliability engineering)
- World Press Freedom Review (International Press Institute)