Pain intensity and functional level were scored, respectively, according to Visual Pain Scale (VAS) (no pain=0, unbearable pain=10) and Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC).
What does WOMAC stand for?
WOMAC stands for Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index (est. 1982; Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WOMAC
- Write Optional Memory
- Write-Only Memory
- Metropolitan Washington Orientation and Mobility Association
- Warrant Officer Management Act
- Western Ontario Mathematics Association (Canada)
- Word-of-Mouth Advertising
- Workshop on Memetic Algorithms (IEEE)
- World of Martial Arts (website)
- World Organization of Martial Arts Athletes (est. 1998)
- Western Ontario and McMaster Osteoarthritis Index
- Woman on the Move Against Cancer (UK)
- Women of Mathematics and Computing
- Women's Metropolitan Arts Council (Phoenix, Arizona)
- World of Mathematics and Computers (World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society)
- Winfrith Operations, Maintenance and Decommissioning (nuclear industry; UK)
- World of Music Arts and Dance (founded by Peter Gabriel)
- Women Organized to Make Abuse Nonexistent, Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
- World Organization for Mutual Afghan Network (Afghanistan)
- World Organization of Mothers of All Nations
- Weapons of Mass Belief (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Outcome measures Western Ontario and McMaster Universities osteoarthritis index (WOMAC), pain intensity (pVAS), the patient's global assessment of disease status and response to therapy (DSIp) score, and the physician's global assessment of disease status and response to therapy (DSIph) score were the primary outcome measures of the study.