The scientists, working at the International Pacific Research Center, University of Hawaii at Manoa, have shown that both the East Asian summer monsoon and the storm activity in the western North Pacific are controlled by fluctuations in the western Pacific Subtropical High (WPSH), a major atmospheric circulation system in the global subtropics centered over the Philippine Sea.
What does WNP stand for?
WNP stands for Western North Pacific
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WNP
We have 18 other meanings of WNP in our Acronym Attic
- We Need Our Lifeboats (broadcast stations)
- Wells, Nevada On Line (Well, NV)
- Welsh National Opera Orchestra (UK)
- World Network of Prayer
- Westelijke Nieuwe Onafhankelijke Staten (Dutch: Western Newly Independent States)
- Wireless Network of Thessaloniki (Greece)
- Whittier Narrows Operable Unit (San Gabriel Basin Water Quality Authority; West Covina, CA)
- Wydzial Nauk O Wychowaniu (Polish: Faculty of Education Sciences)
- Wydzial Nauk O Ziemi (Polish: Department of Earth Sciences)
- Washington Nuclear Power
- White Nationalist Party
- Will Not Proceed
- Wireless Number Portability (FCC)
- World News and Prophecy
- Washington Nuclear Plant 2
- Washington Newspaper Publishers Association
- Western National Parks Association
- World News Press Agencies
- Washington National Primate Center (Seattle, WA)
- West Nottingham Presbyterian Church (Colora, MD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
30, as it continues to affect the islands in Micronesia in the western North Pacific Ocean.
In December 2008, Woodruff defended his doctoral thesis, explaining how his coring work in Japan provided the first long-term record for western North Pacific hurricanes, or typhoons as they are called in that part of the world.
00 Hardcover GC771 Dedicated to recent oceanographic research on the Pacific and Arctic Oceans, this book contains five research and review studies: Benthic and Pelagic studies in the coastal Mexican Pacific, temporal and spatial variations of vertical distributions of nutrients in the Kuroshio recirculation region of the western North Pacific, mesozooplankton biomass in the North Pacific Ocean, self-organized dynamics of the Arctic sea-ice cover, and seasonal variability and long-term changes in sea-ice drift in the Arctic Ocean.
The western North Pacific (WNP) is male dominated and the eastern North Pacific (ENP) is female dominated.
Striped dolphins in the western North Pacific, for example, have concentrations of PCBs and DDT more than 10 million times higher than that of the water they live in.
About 25 species occur in the western North Pacific (Masuda et al.