By Jess Beckerling, Western Australian Forest Alliance The UN international Year of the Forest coincides with the 10 year anniversary of the protection of around 300,000 hectares of karri, jarrah and tingle forests in WA.
What does WAFA stand for?
WAFA stands for Western Australian Forest Alliance
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAFA
We have 12 other meanings of WAFA in our Acronym Attic
- World Archery Festival
- World Arm Wrestling Federation (est. 1998)
- World Athletics Final
- World Aurum Foundation (Japan)
- Write Amplification Factor (computing)
- Washington Area Finance Association
- Western Albemarle Football Association
- Western Association of Farmworker Advocates
- Western Australian Fencing Association (Perth, Australia)
- Western Australian Folklore Archive
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid (Wilderness Medical Associates course)
- World Association of Flower Arrangers
- Water Forces Analysis Capability
- Western Australian Fishing and Aquaculture Centre
- Wide-Angle Free-Air Chamber (physics)
- Western Area FM Amateur Repeater Club (South Elgin, IL)
- Wrap-Around-Fin Aircraft Rocket
- F.E. Warren Air Force Base (Cheyenne, WY)
- Walker Air Force Base (New Mexico)
- Warbucks Air Force Base
Samples in periodicals archive:
The strongest symbol of the groups' forests campaign, coordinated by the Western Australian Forest Alliance, has been the eight-month occupation of Giblett forest, a 4000-hectare block of old-growth karri and jarrah near Pemberton.