Western Aphasia Battery (WAB) has the features to be the correct tool for overcoming this deficit as it is easy to administer and defines the type of aphasia with numerical results (7,8).
What does WAB stand for?
WAB stands for Western Aphasia Battery
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAB
We have 48 other meanings of WAB in our Acronym Attic
- Wales Advisory Board (for Local Authority Higher Education)
- Warhammer Ancient Battles (gaming)
- Waterbury (Amtrak station code; Waterbury, VT)
- We Are Bravest (band)
- We Are Brother
- Weak Air Blow (oilfield)
- Web Address Book
- Western Academy of Beijing
- Western Agulhas Bank
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (Phoenix, AZ)
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp. (stock symbol)
- What a Bitch
- What Another Bill
- Wheelchair Accessible Bus (transportation service; Singapore)
- When Authorized By
- Wild-Ass Branch (programming bug; program flies off to endless activity; as contrasted with hanging)
- Windows Address Book (file extension for Microsoft Outlook and Exchange)
- Work Authorization Board
- Work Avoidance Behavior
- Worked All Britain (est, 1969; amateur radio; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was diagnosed with mild agrammatic aphasia on the basis of clinical testing; his Aphasia Quotient on the Western Aphasia Battery was 85.
Chapter 3 describes the layout and use of some widespread tools for the general assessment of aphasia, namely the Boston Diagnostic Aphasia Exam (BDAE) (Goodglass and Kaplan 1983), the Western Aphasia Battery (WAB) (Kertesz 1982), and the Aachen Aphasia Test (AAT) (Huber et al.
Criteria for inclusion included presence of nonfluent aphasia with Western Aphasia Battery (WAB)  auditory comprehension scores above 50/60, no allergies to dogs, an affinity to or liking for dogs, and evidence of frustration during speech tasks (e.
Discourse performance on the Western Aphasia Battery (WAB) picture description was nonfluent and characterized by single-word and simple-phrase production (e.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] As evidenced by his performance on the Western Aphasia Battery (WAB)  (Aphasia Quotient = 81.
Both were administered a battery of aphasia tests at the initiation of this experiment, including the Western Aphasia Battery (WAB) , Boston Naming Test (BNT) , the Action Naming Test (ANT) , portions of the Reading Comprehension Battery for Aphasia (RCBA) , and a Noun/ Verb (NV) Lexical Battery .