West Nile Virus (WNV) was isolated from the brains of 3 horses that died from encephalitis in February 2006.
What does WNV stand for?
WNV stands for West Nile Virus
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WNV
- West Natuna Transportation System (gas pipeline; Asia)
- West National Technology Support Center (US Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service; Portland, OR)
- We Need To Talk
- What Not to Wear (UK TV show)
- Weekly News Update
- Women's Network for Unity (Cambodia)
- Works Number Update (UK)
- World Nuclear University (UK)
- Wydawnictwo Naukowe Uniwersytetu Szczecinskiego (Polish: Wydawnictwo Naukowe University of Szczecin; Szczecin, Poland)
- World Network of Users and Survivors of Psychiatry
- Wineries of Napa Valley (California)
- World Net Visions
- wireless Network Vicinity Assessment (Psiframe)
- West Norfolk Voluntary and Community Action (UK)
- West Nile Virus Maps
- Whole New World
- Wideband Network Waveform (Joint Tactical Radio System program)
- Work Not Welfare (various locations)
- Wrestling News World (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
West Nile virus is most dangerous to elderly people and others who have compromised immune systems.
West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne illness that is primarily a bird disease, but has been known to cause problems for humans.
With fears from last year's outbreaks of West Nile Virus and the risks of Lyme disease fresh in our minds, what's a counselor or camper to do?
To make matters worse, the standard test used to detect the West Nile Virus measures only our body's response to the virus, not the virus itself.