Comparison of enzootic risk measures for predicting West Nile disease, Los Angeles, California, USA, 2004-2010.
What does WND stand for?
WND stands for West Nile Disease
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WND
We have 11 other meanings of WND in our Acronym Attic
- Western North Carolina Regional Air Quality Agency
- Western North Carolina Renewable Energy Initiative (Appalachian State University)
- Wawatay Native Communications Society
- Western North Carolina Tomorrow
- West Norfolk Community Transport Project (UK)
- Weissman Nowack Curry Wilco
- Western North Carolina Workers' Center
- Waving Not Drowning
- Wednesday Night Dinner (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
htm) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention : No symptoms, West Nile fever, or severe West Nile disease, such as meningitis or encephalitis.
Other threats included African horse sickness, equine encephalomyelitis, West Nile disease, haemorrhagic fever - which means that pigs cannot be kept across most of Africa - and African swine fever, which is spreading into Europe.
Neurologic West Nile disease is relatively unheard of in infants, children, and young adults," observed Dr Tyler, professor of neurology, medicine, and microbiology at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver.
The plan is to take vaccines for dengue fever, West Nile disease, the plague and smallpox (a combination vaccine), and avian influenza, aka the bird flu, to market.
Sanofi said there is no preventive shot or treatment available for West Nile disease, a potentially fatal virus that has become endemic in the U.