The call was made at the second round-table meeting on the West African Power Pool yesterday in Accra.
What does WAPP stand for?
WAPP stands for West African Power Pool
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAPP
We have 4 other meanings of WAPP in our Acronym Attic
- Word And Praise Network (religious radio station)
- Washington Post (newspaper)
- Wawona Area Property Owners Association
- Whitefish Area Property Owners Association (Minnesota)
- Western Australia Police Pipe Band (Maylands, WA, Australia)
- Western Australian Police Force (Australia)
- World Association for Public Opinion Research
- Western Australian Prison Officers Union
- West Africa Parliaments Programme
- West Africa Pesticide Programs (agriculture)
- World Association of Positive Psychotherapy (formerly International Center of Positive Psychotherapy)
- Waste Package Performance Assessment
- Western Australian Pig Producers Association
- Western Australian Primary Principals' Association (education)
- Western Australian Pig and Pork Exports, Pty, Ltd.
- West Africa Pilot Pastoral Perimeter
- Women and Public Policy Program
- Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act (Canadian Wildlife Service; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Weapon Assembly Product Record
- World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Promises of economic integration within the Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas) and power sector integration within the West African Power Pool (WAPP) have been made for many years but relatively little progress has been recorded.
Ghana was once a power exporter and hopes to regain this position when new gas fired capacity is brought on stream and new interconnectors are put in place as part of the West African Power Pool (WAPP), but power dependent businesses are certainly suffering in the meantime.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] RELATED ARTICLE: The West African Power Pool A step in the right direction The West African Power Pool (WAPP) was devised to improve the power supply situation across West Africa and also to drive integration within the Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas) area.
In addition, the development of the West African Power Pool (WAPP) would enable Ghana and even Togo or Benin to become major power exporters.