David Asante, of the West African Monetary Institute, says: "The single currency [the West African pound] used in colonial times was beneficial, we want to recapture those benefits," and "it would enhance the region's overall production.
What does WAMI stand for?
WAMI stands for West African Monetary Institute (est. 2000; West African Monetary Zone)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WAMI
We have 13 other meanings of WAMI in our Acronym Attic
- Waseca Area Memorial Hospital (Waseca, MN)
- Westminster Association for Mental Health (UK)
- With All My Heart
- Women and Mental Health (Australia)
- With All My Heart and Soul
- Windows Ate My Hard Disc (computer slang)
- World Association of Medical and Health Films (Spain)
- Working Age Mental Health Services
- Wyoming Association of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers
- West African Monitoring Institution
- Western Australian Music Industry
- Wide Area Motion Imagery
- Wireless and Microwave Instructional Laboratory (University of South Florida)
- Wisconsin Area Music Industry (Milwaukee, WI)
- Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (IEEE Conference)
- Washington, Alaska, Montana, Idaho and Oregon
- World Alliance of Mobile Indigenous Peoples
- Web and Mobile Information Services (Workshop)
- Wireless Adaptive Mobile Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Already, institutional arrangements such as a convergence council, technical committee and a West African Monetary Institute have been established.