Most people are familiar with financial fraud scams such as the West African Fraud Letters (WAFL) and the Nigerian Scam (also known as 419 fraud).
What does WAFL stand for?
WAFL stands for West African Fraud Letter (internet scam)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WAFL
We have 6 other meanings of WAFL in our Acronym Attic
- WWE Action Figure Federation
- We're All Friends, Friends Love Each Other
- Wire and Fluorescent Fiber Offset Grid
- Wallis And Futuna Islands
- Wax Anti-Settling Flow Improver
- Wind Assisted Freaking Idiot (nautical humor)
- Women and a Fair Income (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Western Australian Fishing Industry Council
- Winning Augusta For Jesus
- Watford Aerobics Fitness & Leisure
- West Australian Football League
- Western Australian Football League
- Wiki Abstract Formatting Langauage
- Women's American Football League
- Workshop on Altaic in Formal Linguistics (conference)
- Write Anywhere File Layout
- Washington Association for Language Teaching (est. 1964)
- Wisconsin Association for Language Teachers (est. 1913; Appleton, WI)
- Wisconsin Association of Foreign Language Teachers
- West African Fertilizer Management and Evaluation Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
Detective Chief Inspector Dave Churchill, of the MFU, said: 'We have known about these West African fraud letters for a long while, but now they are increasing in numbers, sophistication, and are also starting to be sent from South Africa as well.