Funding had been agreed for it, but the worsening political situation in the country following the 2000 presidential election and the ensuing civil war meant that it remained on hold until August last year, when a funding deal was eventually agreed between a group of development finance bodies including the African Development Bank, Ecowas Bank for Investment and Development, the Dutch Development Bank and the West African Development Bank.
What does WADB stand for?
WADB stands for West African Development Bank
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WADB
- Wisconsin Athletic Directors Association
- Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts (Harry Potter books)
- Women's Association for Development Alternatives
- World Anti-Doping Agency
- World Autoduel Association
- Windermere, Ambleside and District Angling Association (UK)
- Weak And Dizzy All Over (Medical)
- Worthing and District Amateur Radio Club (UK)
- Washington Ada Symposium
- Western Australian Drug Abuse Strategy Office
- Western Australian DNA Bank (medical research)
- Washington District of Columbia
- Western Art Directors Club (est. 1961; Palo Alto, CA)
- Western Australian Darts Council, Inc.
- World Anti-Doping Code (sports)
- Worthington Area Democratic Club (Worthington, OH)
- Wright Air Development Center (USAF)
- Williamstown and District Cricket Association (Williamstown, Victoria, Australia)
- Western African Development Corporation
- Westinghouse Advanced Development Company
Samples in periodicals archive:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has approved a loan of E60m (about $85m) to the West African Development Bank (BOAD).
Shareholders include ET (20%), Ecobank Group, Ecowas Bank for Investment and Development, West African Development Bank and the Sakhumnotho Group of South Africa.