A broad program for institutional capacity building is started by AfDB for supporting the African Development Finance Institutions such as the West African Development Bank (BOAD), the East and South African Development Bank (PTA Bank), the East African Development Bank (EADB), the Bank Congolaise de l Habitat (BCH) and finally Shelter Afrique (specialized in housing finance in Africa).
What does WADB stand for?
WADB stands for West African Development Bank
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WADB
- Wisconsin Athletic Directors Association
- Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts (Harry Potter books)
- Women's Association for Development Alternatives
- World Anti-Doping Agency
- World Autoduel Association
- Windermere, Ambleside and District Angling Association (UK)
- Weak And Dizzy All Over (Medical)
- Worthing and District Amateur Radio Club (UK)
- Washington Ada Symposium
- Western Australian Drug Abuse Strategy Office
- Western Australian DNA Bank (medical research)
- Washington District of Columbia
- Western Art Directors Club (est. 1961; Palo Alto, CA)
- Western Australian Darts Council, Inc.
- World Anti-Doping Code (sports)
- Worthington Area Democratic Club (Worthington, OH)
- Wright Air Development Center (USAF)
- Williamstown and District Cricket Association (Williamstown, Victoria, Australia)
- Western African Development Corporation
- Westinghouse Advanced Development Company
Samples in periodicals archive:
Funding had been agreed for it, but the worsening political situation in the country following the 2000 presidential election and the ensuing civil war meant that it remained on hold until August last year, when a funding deal was eventually agreed between a group of development finance bodies including the African Development Bank, Ecowas Bank for Investment and Development, the Dutch Development Bank and the West African Development Bank.
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has approved a loan of E60m (about $85m) to the West African Development Bank (BOAD).
The president also met with the West African Development Bank s President, Christian Narcisse Adovelande.
Shareholders include ET (20%), Ecobank Group, Ecowas Bank for Investment and Development, West African Development Bank and the Sakhumnotho Group of South Africa.
Through FAPA funds, AfDB has initiated a broad program for institutional capacity building to support the African Development Finance Institutions such as the West African Development Bank (BOAD), the East and South African Development Bank (PTA Bank), the East African Development Bank (EADB), the Bank Congolaise de l Habitat (BCH) and finally Shelter Afrique (specialized in housing finance in Africa).
SONIBANK, a private-sector bank partly owned by Niger s parastatal companies, private partners including Societe Tunisienne de Banque (STB), as well as the supranational institutions namely the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO) and the West African Development Bank (WADB), is a leading financial institution in Niger, with about 20 per cent of jobs and resources in the financial sector of the country.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) and the West African Development Bank (WADB) signed a loan agreement of a capital subscription of EUR 3.