A broad program for institutional capacity building is started by AfDB for supporting the African Development Finance Institutions such as the West African Development Bank (BOAD), the East and South African Development Bank (PTA Bank), the East African Development Bank (EADB), the Bank Congolaise de l Habitat (BCH) and finally Shelter Afrique (specialized in housing finance in Africa).
What does WAD stand for?
WAD stands for West African Development
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAD
We have 88 other meanings of WAD in our Acronym Attic
- Western Area Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Western Area Children and Young Peoples Committee (Northern Ireland, UK; family services)
- Walking Assist Device (Honda)
- War Allocation Daemon (Doom computer game)
- Wavelength Add and Drop (Lucent)
- We Always Die (gaming clan)
- Weak Acid Dissociable (cyanide; gold mining)
- Web Application Debugger
- Web Application Descriptor
- Web Application Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Funding had been agreed for it, but the worsening political situation in the country following the 2000 presidential election and the ensuing civil war meant that it remained on hold until August last year, when a funding deal was eventually agreed between a group of development finance bodies including the African Development Bank, Ecowas Bank for Investment and Development, the Dutch Development Bank and the West African Development Bank.
9781598741049 Intimate colonialism; head, heart, and body in West African development work.
SPCAR was set up by West African development banks, private investors and the Central Bank of West African States.
Air Afrique is jointly owned by 11 African states, the US freight handler DHL and the West African Development Bank (BOAD), as well as a bevy of smaller shareholders.
The president also met with the West African Development Bank s President, Christian Narcisse Adovelande.