An economist by training, Ouattara has spent much of his career at the International Monetary Fund where he rose to be deputy head and the West African Central Bank,.
What does WACB stand for?
WACB stands for West African Central Bank
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WACB
We have 3 other meanings of WACB in our Acronym Attic
- Warning and Caution Annunciator Panel
- Water Chemistry Assessment Program
- West Africa Cocoa/Commercial Agriculture Project
- West Ashton Community Action Plan
- Western Airborne Contaminants Assessment Project
- Western Australian Chip and Pulp
- Windham Area Community Action Program
- World Alliance of Cities Against Poverty
- World Association for Children and Parents
- Weighted Average Cost of Borrowing
- West African Currency Board (British colonial government)
- Women's Army Classification Battery
- World Association of Community Broadcasters
- Western Australian Community Broadcasting Association
- World Area Code Basic Encyclopedia (US DoD)
- World Association for Chinese Biomedical Engineers (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Warning & Caution Computer (aviation)
- Waste Acceptance Criteria Committee
- Water, Air and Climate Change (British Columbia, Canada)
- Weapons and Ammunition Commodity Council (US DHS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United States and the European Union have imposed a travel ban on Gbagbo and his inner circle, while the World Bank and the regional West African central bank have frozen his finances in an attempt to weaken his grip on power.
The Anglophone nations of the West African Monetary Zone recently post-poned for four years the introduction of the common eco currency, which will operate on a par with the CFA franc and be administered by a West African Central Bank.
On 19 December 2003, the West African Monetary Zone decided that Ghana would host the headquarters of the West African Central Bank when it is set up in 2005.
Summary: West African central bank denies access to funds for Laurent Gbago's government as UN recognises rival as president.