Ms David, whose grandfather was an estate gardener in Carmarthenshire, said some of the information came from research that her co-authors were commissioned to carry out on the National Trust's Nash-designed country manor house at Llanerchaeron, near Aberaeron, and Trawscoed, Aberystwyth, which was used as offices by the Welsh Office agriculture department until 1995.
What does WOAD stand for?
WOAD stands for Welsh Office Agriculture Department (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WOAD
We have 1 other meaning of WOAD in our Acronym Attic
- Wyoming Optometric Association
- Western Ontario Athletic Association (Canada)
- White Oak Athletic Association (White Oak, PA)
- Warrant Officer Advanced Course
- Wellingborough Open Archery Club (est. 1955; UK)
- Winamac Old Auto Club (Indiana)
- Without Admission Control
- Women of the American Church (Paris, France)
- Works of Art Committee (various locations)
- Workers' Organizations and Activists Coordination Council (Iran)
- Without A Doubt
- Worldwide Offshore Accident Databank
- Woodford Operatic and Dramatic Society (est. 1924; UK)
- Wireless Open Air Festival (The Netherlands)
- Welsh Overseas Agencies Group
- Welsh Overseas Aid Group
- Willow Oak Assembly of God (Mulberry, FL)
- Women of Achievement and Herstory (newsletter)
- World Organisation for Animal Health
- Women on A Mission to Earn Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is a precedent for basing major government departments outside Cardiff: the former Welsh Office Agriculture Department was located in Aberystwyth before it was transferred to the Welsh capital in the late 1980s.
In 1994, with the relocation of the MAFF and Welsh Office agriculture departments, the Vaughans were given first refusal to reacquire their family seat.