The lands were located in a designated wellhead protection area and would be subject to restrictions under the Source Protection Plan.
What does WHP stand for?
WHP stands for Wellhead Protection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WHP
We have 76 other meanings of WHP in our Acronym Attic
- WHOI (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution) Hawaii Ocean Timeseries Station
- Web Helpers on Wheels
- Warehouse of Web Data
- Walking Horse Owners Youth Association (Murfreesboro, TN)
- Department of Party History (Central Committee; Russian acronym)
- Washington Homeopathic Products
- Waste Heat to Power
- Weight Height Proportionate (personal ads)
- Wellhead Platform (offshore drilling)
- Wellhead Pressure
- Western Highlands Province (PNG)
- Wheel Horsepower
- White House Project (political action group)
- Whiteman Airport, Los Angeles, California (Airport Code)
- Wicked House Party (electronic music resource)
- William Henry Peavy Jr (author of WHPinvest.com)
- Winter Horse Productions
- With High Probability
- WOCE (World Ocean Circulation Experiment) Hydrographic Program
- Women's HIV Program (University of California, San Francisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It also moves the route to the down-slope side of two wellhead protection areas, said Russell Girling, TransCanada s president and chief executive officer.
The reroute is now down gradient from the wellhead protection area, includes fewer areas of wind erodible soils and crosses fewer sloped areas.
They will also decide whether to authorize the town to buy - or accept as a gift - roughly 17 acres of wellhead protection land, known as Cnossen well land.
The Arkansas Department of Health is responsible for protecting drinking water in wellhead protection areas or other sensitive areas where pits might be located.
The one notable exception to this process is the Source Water Protection Program that was created to expand the Wellhead Protection Program, in the 1996 Amendments to the Safe Drinking Water Act.
However, Stapleton says the auto parts store will include "a bunch of secondary protections" against groundwater contamination because the site is adjacent to a wellhead protection zone intended to guard the city's water wells against pollution.
The company offers its clients a team of specialized personnel providing consulting and engineering, procurement, construction and management (EPCM) service in a number of key areas including: water supply evaluations, wellhead protection studies, waterquality assessments, groundwater contamination investigations, mine dewatering studies, environmental effects monitoring, environmental risk analysis, mine design, rock mechanics, site decommissioning, rehabilitation services for mines and processing plants, closure plans and short- and long-term property management in the mining, forest, waste management and construction fields.