Tests of executive function included the Controlled Oral Word Association Test, the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test, and the similarities, digit span, and arithmetic subtests of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised.
What does WAIS-R stand for?
WAIS-R stands for Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Washington Alliance for Immigrant and Refugee Justice (Seattle, WA)
- Warfighter Area Information Service
- Wassenaar Arrangement Information System
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale
- West Antarctic Ice Sheet Project
- West Australian Institute of Sport
- Wide Area Information Search
- Wide Area Information Server
- Wide Area Information Service
- World Association of International Studies
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised by China
- Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Association
- Western Australian Ice Skating Association (Australia)
- When All Is Said and Done
- Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- World Alternative Investment Summit Canada
- Washington Association of Internet Service Providers
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale Revised
- Western Australian Innovation Support Scheme
- Western Australian Insect Study Society (est. 1989)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The basic format of the WAIS-III is very similar to its predecessor, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised, and the previous Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale.
Outcomes were measured using the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised, which showed statistical improvement at p = 0.
Instruments A short form of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (WAIS-R) was administered to all participants in order to control for the effects of intelligence (Wechsler, 1981).
487) The current research was designed to determine the value of Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (Wechsler, 1981) subtest regroupings in the identification of LD young adults who are likely to have difficulty making the transition from school to employment.
was encountering significant academic difficulty despite his high motivation to succeed and an IQ of 90 as measured by the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-Revised (WAIS-R; Wechsler, 1981).