Twelve months is a lifetime in web years and the reader is left wondering which of his assertions still stand.
What does WY stand for?
WY stands for Web Year
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WY
We have 3 other meanings of WY in our Acronym Attic
- Weather Reconnaissance Flight
- W3C XML Schema
- WebSphere Extreme Scale (IBM)
- Weather Team
- Westside Xtreme Wrestling (Germany)
- Warrior for the 21st Century
- Weather Information Exchange Model (meteorology)
- Oman Aviation Services Co (IATA airline code)
- Washington Yards
- Wasted-Youth (Poway, California racing team)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Software product lifecycles are now measured in web years (1 web year = 90 calendar days) so looking ahead 10 calendar years is actually looking ahead 40 web years, a tricky business at best.
Other people who know about such things say technology is changing so fast that, on the World Wide Web, one day equals one month, and a web year is less than three months.