In addition, the heating systems at Arden Street are being converted from a steam system to a more efficient hot water system, making these two rehabs among the very first projects in New York City to use Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) funding to significantly reduce the energy required for heating.
What does WAP stand for?
WAP stands for Weatherization Assistance Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WAP
We have 159 other meanings of WAP in our Acronym Attic
- Waste Acceptance Process
- Waste Acceptance Product
- Waste Analysis Plan (WIPP)
- Water Allocation Planning (various organizations)
- Watershed Agricultural Program (New York)
- Watershed Assessment Procedure (forestry industry)
- Wavelength Assignment Problem
- weak anthropic principle
- Weapon Alternative Processor
- Weapon Appraisal Process
- Web Access Project (National Center for Accessible Media)
- Web Affiliate Program
- Web Application Projects (Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 add-in)
- Web Application Proxy (software; Microsoft)
- Weighted Average Price
- What A Plonker
- Whey Acidic Protein
- Wide Area Paging
- Wild Animal Park
- Wildlife Action Plan (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
org&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed By Becca Aaronson Despite the disdain of Texas' Republican leadership, the state's component of the Obama administration's Weatherization Assistance Program has been quite successful - surpassing its goal of weatherizing more than 38,000 homes.
The federal government allocated $5 billion in stimulus funding to the Weatherization Assistance Program with $122 million coming to Massachusetts.
NAA/NMHC and the National Leased Housing Association (NLHA) on June 17 submitted joint comments on a proposed Department of Energy (DOE) regulation streamlining the Weatherization Assistance Program application process for multifamily properties.
According to the Department of Energy, the low- and moderate-income participants in the Weatherization Assistance Program on average see a 32 percent reduction in heating bills--cutting a $2,000 annual heating bill, for example, to about $1,400.
8 million for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP, support insulation, sealing leaks and modernizing air conditioning equipment) and $37.
It is the largest-ever private contribution to a community organization that works with the Department of Energy's Weatherization Assistance Program.