The JTWC brought together the efforts of the Navy's Weather Centrals at Guam, the Philippines, and Hawaii as well as the Air Force's Weather Wing (in Japan) and their component typhoon warning centers near Manila and in Japan under one coordinating organization.
What does WW stand for?
WW stands for Weather Wing
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WW
We have 41 other meanings of WW in our Acronym Attic
- Warrior Within (Prince of Persia video game)
- Warrior's Wish (fan site)
- Wasatch Winds (American Fork, UT)
- Wash & Wax
- Washington Wizards (basketball team)
- Waste Water
- Water Warmer
- Water Works
- Weather Warning
- Weather Watch (refers to severe thunderstorm watch or tornado watch)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In April 1943, he assumed command of the AAF Weather Wing in Asheville, N.
In 1945, the Army Air Forces redesignated the Weather Wing the Army Air Forces Weather Service and in early 1946, the service moved to Langley Field, Va.