Now you can find out in season one of The Weather Channel's new character-driven documentary series that takes you up close and personal with the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron "Hurricane Hunters" of Air Force Reserve Command's 403rd Wing, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
What does WRS stand for?
WRS stands for Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (USAF)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WRS
We have 125 other meanings of WRS in our Acronym Attic
- Wachovia Retirement Services
- Wage Reporting System (various locations)
- War Reserve Stocks
- War Risk Surcharge (shipping industry)
- Ward - Romano Syndrome
- Waste Removal System
- Water Recovery System
- Water Resource System
- Wavelength Routing Switches (IEEE)
- Weather Radar System
- Weather Report Suite (Grateful Dead song)
- Web Registration System (various schools)
- Web Report Studio (SAS)
- WebSphere Remote Server (software; IBM)
- Weedon Repair Standard
- Welfare Rights Officer (UK)
- Well Report Sepia
- Wester Ross Salmon
- Western Reformed Seminary (Tacoma, WA)
- Western Regional Switch Surveillance (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On 17 May 1946, Atlantic hurricane reconnaissance was furthered by the establishment of Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (VPW) 3 at NAS Miami flying PB4Y-2M Privateers.
Ride with the Air Force Reserve's 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron on a virtual trip into the eye of a hurricane.
Justin James, a weather reconnaissance loadmaster with the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
Matt Couch, a loadmaster with the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, communicates with the pilot as they prepare for a 10-hour mission into the remnant of Hurricane Felicia at Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii, in August.