NOAA's observing systems include satellite imagers, weather radar systems, and sensor-laden ocean buoys; fleets of aircraft, ships and submarines; and even an army of volunteers who have been manually recording observations and taking measurements every day for decades.
What does WRS stand for?
WRS stands for Weather Radar System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WRS
We have 125 other meanings of WRS in our Acronym Attic
- Western Regional Radon Training Center (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Wachovia Retirement Services
- Wage Reporting System (various locations)
- War Reserve Stocks
- War Risk Surcharge (shipping industry)
- Ward - Romano Syndrome
- Waste Removal System
- Water Recovery System
- Water Resource System
- Wavelength Routing Switches (IEEE)
- Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (USAF)
- Weather Report Suite (Grateful Dead song)
- Web Registration System (various schools)
- Web Report Studio (SAS)
- WebSphere Remote Server (software; IBM)
- Weedon Repair Standard
- Welfare Rights Officer (UK)
- Well Report Sepia
- Wester Ross Salmon
- Western Reformed Seminary (Tacoma, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Oklahoma tests are the most advanced and will take advantage of the state's advanced weather radar system.
The US Federal Aviation Administration has acquired 104 SGI Origin 200 Servers from SGI as part of a modernisation programme for the upgrade of the agency's Terminal Doppler Weather Radar systems located at major US airports.
Finally, as part of a drive to modernize the National Weather Service, the administration would boost funding to that agency, largely for additional doppler weather radar systems, a new technique the service will begin using his years.