They also discuss dialysis around the world; special problems in treating patients; practice guidelines, management, and patient education; and innovations like electronic medical records, nanotechnology, wearable artificial kidneys, affinity hemodialysis, bioartificial kidneys, artificial cells, and stem cell research.
What does WAK stand for?
WAK stands for Wearable Artificial Kidney
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WAK
We have 4 other meanings of WAK in our Acronym Attic
- West African Journalists Association
- Washington Alliance Japanese Church (Rockville, MD)
- Washington Association of Juvenile Court Administrators
- W Alton Jones Foundation (now dissolved)
- Workers Against Job Killing Rules (political committee; Olympia, WA)
- West African Journal of Medicine (West African College of Physicians and West African College of Surgeons)
- Wet Arbeidsongeschiktheidsvoorziening Jonggehandicapten (Dutch)
- Wisconsin Association of Job Training Executives
- Wall-Associated Kinase
- Wandelclub Al Kontent (Dutch walking club)
- Wings of Alaska (est. 1982; airline)
- Wireless Access Kit
- Wall-Associated Receptor Kinase
- Wall-Associated Kinase 5 (protein)
- World Adult Kickball Association
- Westdeutscher ADAC Kart Cup (German: West German ADAC Kart Cup)
- Whatcom Association of Kayak Enthusiasts (Bellingham, WA)
- Word Auto Key Encryption (cipher)
- Warszawski Akademicki Klub Kajakowy (Polish: Warsaw University Kayak Club)
- Wall Associated Kinase-Like 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: ANI Washington, Aug 21 (ANI): A Wearable Artificial Kidney for dialysis patients is being developed by American scientists.