Held in conjunction with the 15th International Conference on Wear of Materials (WOM), the workshop is designed to bridge the gap between the papers presented at the WOM conference and the International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films, both to be held in San Diego during a two-week period from April 24-May 6, 2005.
What does WOM stand for?
WOM stands for Wear of Materials (accelerated weathering tests)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WOM
We have 34 other meanings of WOM in our Acronym Attic
- Workshop on Low Temperature Electronics (conference)
- Word of Life Traditional School (Wichita, KS)
- Winter Olympic Games
- Wait on Material
- Walk Off Mat (construction)
- Wall of Missing (war memorial)
- Warranted Operations and Maintenance (wind energy)
- Washington Overseas Mission (Washington, MO)
- Waste of Money
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is important because friction between two moving parts, whether they are in a big machine or a small machine, is the source of energy loss, heat generation, and wear of materials.