Byline: MIRROR REPORTER THE Government was last night urged to intervene to stop the shipment of weapons-grade plutonium being transported off the Irish coast.
What does WGPU stand for?
WGPU stands for Weapons-Grade Plutonium
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Wage Garnishment Processing Service
- West Grove Primary School (Singapore)
- Wood Group Power Solutions, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- Wood Group Production Services (Houston, TX)
- Woodgrove Primary School (Singapore)
- Working Group on Private Sector Issues (Telecommunication Development Advisory Group)
- Working Group on Private Sector Evaluation
- Working Group for Planetary System Nomenclature (International Astronomical Union)
- Working Group on Power Sector Restructuring (Malaysia)
- Wood Group Production Technology Ltd.
- Warszawska Gielda Papierow Wartosciowych (Polish: Warsaw Stock Exchange)
- Wood Group Pratt and Whitney (Bloomfield, CT)
- Wholesale Gas Quadrant (North American Energy Standards Board)
- Wolfgang Glatthorn Qualitätsmanagementsysteme (Rottenburg, Germany)
- Working Group on Quality
- West Georgia Quilters Guild (Carrollton, GA)
- Water Gas Ratio (oil & gas industry)
- Waveguide Grating Router (IEEE)
- Wayne Gardner Racing (Australian racing car driver)
- Westdeutsche Gerbershule Retlingen (German Leather College)
Samples in periodicals archive:
GREENPEACE was last night preparing to target two ships carrying weapons-grade plutonium as they passed through the English Channel.
Rocky Flats nuclear facility became the Department of Energy's (DOE) golden child in July when the last of the weapons-grade plutonium stored there was shipped away ahead of schedule.
The most toxic element known to man, weapons-grade plutonium can remain hazardous for thousands of years.