Iraq has--had weapons of mass destruction and has the knowledge as to how to produce weapons of mass destruction.
What does WOMD stand for?
WOMD stands for Weapons of Mass Destruction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WOMD
- Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test (Harry Potter)
- Women of Beauty and Temptation (mailing list)
- Women Over Mates, Beer and TV
- Women's Mountain Bike & Tea Society (Fairfax, CA)
- Women's Mountain Bike And Tea Society (Albuquerque, NM, USA)
- Wacht Op Me Bij Het Fietsenhok (Dutch: Wait On Me In The Fietsenhok; Netherlands; text and chat abbreviation)
- White Overalls Movement Building Libertarian Effective Struggles (UK)
- Warrant Officer Master Course
- Western Ohio Mission Center
- Wine of the Month Club (est. 1972; Arcadia, CA)
- Woman Of My Dreams
- Wilfred Owen Multimedia Digital Archive (UK)
- Worldwide Online Music Distribution Association (est. 2005)
- Weapons of Mass Expression
- Workshop on Maritime English (International Maritime Lecturers Association)
- Workshop on Mathematical Finance (Vienna, Austria)
- World Outreach Ministry Foundation
- Well Organized Military Foul Up (polite form)
- Way Over My Head
- Wing Operations Management Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Strategic Command, as "part-owner" of the facility in his position as the operational commander responsible for combating weapons of mass destruction.
These days the Pentagon capabilities--big enough to knock out bunkers full of weapons of mass destruction and scurrying Al Qaedis, but not big enough to whip up a radioactive dust storm across, say, the entire Middle East.
The reorganization of the International Security and Arms Control bureaus will focus the Department's national security efforts on combating weapons of mass destruction through both effective counter and nonproliferation efforts.