During a recent rotation to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn, the Special Weapons Exploitation Team (SWET) platoon, Brigade Special Troops Battalion (BSTB), 4th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3d Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Georgia, was tasked to serve as a weapons intelligence team in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.
What does WIT stand for?
WIT stands for Weapons Intelligence Team (US DoD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WIT
We have 94 other meanings of WIT in our Acronym Attic
- Washington International Teleport
- Waste Industry Training (online education)
- Water Investigation Tool
- Water-Induced Thermotherapy
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Waterfront Integration Test
- Wave Imaging Technology, Inc. (Houston, TX and Denver, CO)
- We Integrate Technology
- Weapon Impact Target
- Weapons Inspection Team
- Web and Instructional Technology (various organizations)
- Web Infotech AS
- Web Institute for Teachers (seminar; University of Chicago; Chicago, IL)
- Weld Integrity Test
- Welfare Information Technology
- Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA)
- Wessex Institute of Technology (UK)
- Western Iowa Tech
- WFPC Insertion Tool
- What Is That?
Samples in periodicals archive:
Weapons intelligence teams (WITs) are primarily technical-intelligence teams -- the initial scope for these teams included improvised explosive devices (IEDs) as well as conventional weapons, but their emphasis has been on IED exploitation.
In Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), these capabilities led to the development of Weapons Intelligence Teams (WIT), the tactical collection capability that feeds WTI.