The American who headed the chemical weapons inspection team in Iraq told Reuters news agency that sending in a similar team to Syria would be a "suicide mission".
What does WIT stand for?
WIT stands for Weapons Inspection Team
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WIT
We have 94 other meanings of WIT in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Improv Theatre
- Washington International Teleport
- Waste Industry Training (online education)
- Water Investigation Tool
- Water-Induced Thermotherapy
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Waterfront Integration Test
- Wave Imaging Technology, Inc. (Houston, TX and Denver, CO)
- We Integrate Technology
- Weapon Impact Target
- Weapons Intelligence Team (US DoD)
- Web and Instructional Technology (various organizations)
- Web Infotech AS
- Web Institute for Teachers (seminar; University of Chicago; Chicago, IL)
- Weld Integrity Test
- Welfare Information Technology
- Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA)
- Wessex Institute of Technology (UK)
- Western Iowa Tech
- WFPC Insertion Tool
Samples in periodicals archive:
The whole idea of a UN weapons inspection team searching a strange land for weapons is patently absurd on its face.
Scott Ritter, the former head of the UN weapons inspection team in Iraq, has already admitted that no such weapons existed.
Former UN weapons inspector Charles Duelfer has been named to take over the 1,400-strong weapons inspection team in Iraq.
Left unmentioned in the draft are UN weapons inspection teams, diplomats said.
If she was ever in any doubt, this point was made clear by Hans Blix, head of the weapons inspection team, on Friday.