Dunn, SC, USN, completed 30 years of active service and retired on January 1, 2010, after serving at Navy Mine Assault Weapons Command, Corpus Christi, Texas.
What does WECOM stand for?
WECOM stands for Weapons Command (US Army predecessor to TACOM)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of WECOM in our Acronym Attic
- West End Capital Management LLC
- Workforce Education Course Manual
- Walter E. Clarke Middle School (El Paso, TX)
- Washington Educational Conferencing Network (Washington State University)
- Wealth, Education, Collaboration, and Opportunities (Fund Inc; Cleveland, OH)
- Western Electric Company (now Lucent Technologies)
- Wind Energy Production in Cold Climate (research project; EU)
- West of England Coalition of Disabled People
- Weed Control in Organic Farming (EU project)
- Western Conference on Linguistics
- Weather Controlled Message
- Will Egerton Conveyor Services (Mississauga, ON, Canada)
- WebSphere Everyplace Chip Operating System (IBM)
- Waisman Early Childhood Program (est. 1979; Waisman Center; University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- West Edmonds Cooperative Preschool (Edmonds, WA)
- Wilmer Eye Care Pavilion (John Hopkins University; Maryland)
- Windows Essentials Codec Pack (software)
- Wireless Enhanced Coverage Program (Sprint)
- World Energy Cities Partnership (Houston, TX)
- Weighted Equivalent Continuous Perceived Noise Level
Samples in periodicals archive:
Army Ordnance Weapons Command (OWC) 1955-1962 * Army Weapons Command (WECOM) 1962-1973 * Army Armament Command (ARMCOM) 1973-1977 * Army Armament Materiel Readiness Command (ARRCOM) 1977-1983 * Army Armament, Munitions and Chemical Command (AMCCOM) 1983-1994 * Army Industrial Operations Command (IOC) 1994-200C * Army Operations Support Command (OSC) 2000-2003 * Joint Munitions Command (JMC) 2003- * Evolution of the Joint Munitions Command.
Some revel in the power their weapons command but others are just young lads as frightened as the Palestinians.