As well as supporting the legendary Primal Scream at Electric Brixton, LBH have also toured the UK with Frankie and The Heartstrings and We Were Promised Jetpacks.
What does WWPJ stand for?
WWPJ stands for We Were Promised Jetpacks (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Worth What Paid For (customer satisfaction)
- World Wide Pressed Flower Guild
- Washington Writers' Publishing House (Washington, DC)
- Wesley Wentz Posvar Hall (University of Pittsburgh; Pennsylvania)
- West Windsor-Plainsboro High School (New Jersey)
- West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North
- West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South (New Jersey)
- West World Productions, Inc. (est. 1981; Beverly Hills, CA)
- Western Wood Preservers Institute (Vancouver, WA)
- World Wide Pet Industry Association, Inc. (Monrovia, CA)
- Webmaster/WebDesigner Protection Kit
- Walla Walla Public Library (Washington)
- Weeping Water Public Library (Nebraska)
- West Warwick Public Library (Rhode Island US)
- Westfield Washington Public Library (Westfield, IN)
- Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library (Staunton, VA)
- Whisker Wall Porous Layer Open Tubular Column
- Wireless Wearable Physiological Monitor (health device project; Canada)
- Worldwide Program Manager
- World Wide Project Management Methodology (IBM Corp.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It see the winner pick up a cool pounds 20,000 prize and stars such as Twin Atlantic, King Creosote, Mogwai and We Were Promised Jetpacks are nominated.
BATTLING with Get Cape Wear Cape Fly and We Were Promised Jetpacks for worst name of a band in recent memory, Does it Offend You Yeah actually make fairly decent music.
We Were Promised Jetpacks The Last Place You'll Look AS Adam Thompson sings the first line, "You cried like a child who'd just seen their own blood", you know first tune A Far Cry isn't going to be a barrel of laughs.
Most had queued up to see We Were Promised Jetpacks blast off into the indie stratosphere, the Edinburgh band coming of age with a pulsating set.
Were Promised Jetpacks It's Thunder and It's Lightning/Ships With Holes Will Sink BACK from an American tour with a few Scots dates before hitting Europe in the New Year, We Were Promised Jetpacks are certainly putting in the road miles to success.
Byline: BEVERLEY LYONS THE Enemy will join Scots bands Frightened Rabbit, Codeine Velvet Club, and We Were Promised Jetpacks at Edinburgh's Hogmanay celebrations.
The Pastels and 1990s play on November 27, Sergeant will appear on November 28 and We Were Promised Jetpacks are on November 29.